JOINING the CCS LEAGUE SYSTEM
If you already have a Pool League or are thinking of starting one, the CCS League System wants you to join us and the 4000+ Members from coast to coast in Canada.
While playing in a Local League is fun too, it’s even more fun and exciting for all the Players and Teams to be able to travel somewhere else and compete in Championships against others. The CCS offers the best run, most fun and broadest Championship Program available across Canada today.CCS Championship Program
Do The Players Have To Be The Best?
- No matter where you live, there’s one or more 8 Ball Championships that the Players can drive to and...they can play in any one they want to.
|British Columbia Championships||February||Penticton|
|Western Championships||Late April or Early May||Calgary|
|Atlantic Championships||Late November||Halifax|
|Canadian National Championships||Easter Weekend||Toronto|
|US National Championships||Early May||Las Vegas|
- Every Regional Championship, besides Cash and other Prizes, offers Players and Teams the chance to win Paid Trips to compete in the Canadian Nationals held annually since 1996. And all the Champions at the Nationals receive Paid Return Trips to defend their Titles. Over $300,000 to be won annually in Singles, Scotch Doubles and Team Events.
- Every Championship is extremely well organized and well run. The Championship Program is Web based complete with Organizers, Tournament Directors and Referees who are second to none; anywhere.
What Does Membership Cost?
- Absolutely not. No pros are allowed in any of the Championships. All the Events at all the Championships are also divisionalized which means that everyone has a shot at winning a Division Title and taking home the Top Prize.
Who Is the CCS?
- There are no League Operator Fees. When you sanction the League with CCS, all Players on all Teams who have played more than one Match must pay a CCS League Member Fee of $20.
Every Player and Team will be eligible to enter every Championship regardless of whether they win a Paid Trip from the League or not. Referee, Instructor and Juniors Programs are also available.
What Do I have To Do To Join?
- It’s you and everyone else that joins! The CCS is a Federally Incorporated Non Profit Amateur Athletic Association, based in Canada. That means it is entirely run by all the Canadian League Operators who join each year. And even better, the money stays right here in Canada to give Canadian Pool Leagues and their Players a 100% return on the kind of Championship Program THEY want.
- The CCS is also very proud to be exclusively recognized by the Canadian Billiard & Snooker Association as the Official Sanctioning Body for Amateur Pool League Play and Related Championships in Canada. That means that all the CCS Champions are in Canada’s official Rules and Records Book; forever.
Need Some Help?
- It’s very easy. The League Year runs from June 1st to May 31st. Anyone can be a League Operator and any League can sanction with the CCS. There are no exclusive ‘franchises’ and there are no restrictions on ‘Table ownership’ or ‘Table type’. Your League can be ‘In House’ or ‘Traveling’ and it doesn’t have to be 8 Ball. Any game played on a Pool Table organized into Team play is fine. You will need a minimum of 20 Players on at least 4 Teams who play a minimum 8 week Schedule.
- Here are the hi-lights:
- You can pre-sanction your League on-line anytime at www.cdnqsport.com. This is recommended so that the CCS knows to send you Championship Posters and Brochures, etc. and can keep you informed by e-mail of current happenings.
- After you have completed your 4th week of League Play, if you are noit using the free PPLMS Stat System, you send in a completed Hard Copy of the League Sanction Application and Policy Agreement along with a current copy of your League and Player Standings and the Member Fees.
- At that point you’re good to go. The CCS will send Member Cards and Member Handbooks for each of your sanctioned Players. After competing in a minimum number of Matches (varies from 4 to 8) as specified in the various CCS Championship Brochures, all the Players and Teams are eligible to play in any of the Championships listed above.
- Additional Players who join later can be sanctioned on a monthly basis and updated copies of League and Player Standings are required as of 4 weeks before any of the League Players compete in a CCS Championship.
- Just give us a call or send us an e-mail. The National Office of the CCS will be more than happy to answer any queries you may have and to help you get things organized.